Sunday, April 10, 2011

Layout using my $4.99 cart!

This layout is for the April 1st sketch challenge over at stuckonusketches. I bought several cricut cartridges on clearance a couple months ago for $4.99 and $9.99. One of the carts for 4.99 was Elegant Cakes. I used it to cut the bottom scalloped border in cream cardstock and the swirly vines in cream cardstock then glimmer misted the swirly vines in green. There are so many great cuts on this cart not to mention a beautiful font! I water misted the plum background paper and smooshed the edges while it was still damp, let it dry then inked.

Supplies:
cricut carts: Elegant cakes for the scallop border @ 1" that was welded together and I think the
swirly vine was cut at 3-1/4" then cut apart; George and basic shapes circle @ 8" and 7-1/4" cut out of that.
paper: patterned is K&Co best of Brenda Walton; cream and brown cardstock is recollections
plum flowers are from the dollar store floral dept. that I pulled apart.
white flowers are prima
flat back pearls
sizzix tropical paisley embossing folder on bottom brown strip of paper
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Tim Holtz antique linen and vintage photo inks
Studio G green ink

close up of the embossing folder detail and elegant cakes border detail

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Tammara, that is gorgeous! Love that border .. looks fab-u-lous! Such a good deal on the cart and look at those results! Wonderful embossing and oh, I love these colors! You played last time, right? So I guess that puts in the game for that awesome blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold!!! I want that cartridge now even though I would never use it to cut cake decorations.. I love it!! and you've certainly done a fabulous job with it.. I never would of thought in a million years that I could actually scrapbook with those cuts..You are brilliant :)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout and I love that lacy border!! You did a fabulous job on the distressed edges!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!
    Really just a stunning project and LOVE to see those carts used differently as well.
    Gorgeous colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your layout is simply stunning, beautiful take on the sketch, love it. Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning layout!! Love the border, so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is beautiful. Love the border. I have that cartridge and will have to give that border a try (I wasn't lucky enought to get it for $4.99 though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beyond words...just stunning...i luv the sketch and you have certainly taken it to a new level of inspiration...adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sending you this award!

    http://designs-by-julie.blogspot.com/2011/05/thank-you-so-much.html

    Julie
    http://designs-by-julie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete