This is for the January 24 sketch challenge over at www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com. I made mine into a two-pager and used 16 photo's of my daughter's seventh birthday party. I didn't want to make several pages of these photo's so I cropped them all except two down to 3" x 2-1/2" and they all fit. For this first page, which is based on the sketch, I used:
paper: K&Co-best of Brenda Walton for printed paper; DCWV for solid cardstock
cricut: lacy labels with hide contour feature so the middle wouldn't cut out
Title font: Chell Chrome Bold cut in scal on regular and shadow (love the cutouts in this font)
Martha Stewart: butterflies and lattice border punch (the large pink butterflies are layered three times with foam)
Prima flowers
Recollections flat back pearls
little square word cutouts are from a freebie download at www.mysimplestories.com
Ranger: vintage photo ink
EK Success retro flower punch for the brown flower. I ran a stylus ball on each of the petals on the backside of the brown flower until they curled up and then flipped it over and added the white flower and pearl. I use the back side of my cricut mouse pad and a stylus and it works pretty good. I saw this technique at www.mcgillinc.com about doing flowers this way and don't have the kit so I improvised using the back of my cricut mouse pad and a regular stylus!
page 2- Martha Stewart butterfly punch and lattice border punch; prima flowers, flat back pearls and cricut sweet treats cart for the cupcake card that opens for journaling and eksuccess retro flower punch for brown flower.




yes Tammara!!!!!! Love tow pagers... and yours is fabulous! Love all your details and the colors are beautiful. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteOMG!! Beautiful take on the sketch!! Love the font, flowers and butterflies... and way to go with the second page!! Very creative hiding your journaling in the cupcake... and I'm lovin' all of the photos!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!!! Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteHonestly...I think this is something else! First I LOVE seeing photos packed on a page! I really do!
ReplyDeleteAnd leaving that open cupcake is brilliant!
What a wonderful project...thank you SO much for sharing!
I so agree with what Leah said.. this is awesome.. and I too love that peek-a-boo cupcake.. what a great place to hide some journaling for instance..
ReplyDeleteHugs
Nanné
Love your multi-photo LO!
ReplyDelete