Monday, May 17, 2010

cherish

I don't make a whole lot of 8x10 layouts but that is the size my mil and sil use. I had taken a beautiful picture of them with their dgd's & dggd's and wanted to put them in a frame to give to them. The gorgeous flower medallion looking embellishment is from a tutorial Lisa has going on over at http://www.what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/. Lisa also had a beautiful leafy vine to download. I made mine an svg and cut it out and then hand tinted it with dyes and chalks then did some doodling on it. http://www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/ has a button challenge this week so I incorporated them into this layout and love my finished result. I hope my mil and sil love them also.
I used storybook cricut cart for the photo mat and textile embossing folder; the font is jester using scal; fiskars border punch and paper is from the best of brenda walton by k&co.



Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Tammara, what a great page, lovely colors, fab flower. I'm sure your mil and sil will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammara!! This card is gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the shout out!! I to have an SVG file but have not tried it yet!! It would beat using my honeybee scissors to cut them out!! Love it!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you played along b/c I had been meaning to come by and see how you've been b/c it feels like forever!

    This is so darn pretty! I am SURE they will just LOVE it!

    The flower and leafy flourish are also very pretty, as it the embossing touch you added! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word.. How stunning this? wow-zahs...
    I absolutely love the soft colors and that flower is beautifully made..
    They are going to love this...
    hugs
    Nanné
    p.s. sorry so late posting a comment..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and nice layouts tfs

    ReplyDelete