Tuesday, September 7, 2010

May-First Year Albums

This is the May layout for the baby albums. I used the 9/3 sketch over at stuckonusketches. I made mine a double page layout because it represents Mothers Day for the albums I am making and three of the months in the albums will have double page layouts (Mothers Day, Fathers Day and First Birthday). I really struggled with the flowers on this layout and just when I had EVERYTHING glued down and pictures taken to upload I felt as though the original flowers got lost in the page so I yanked them all off (yikes, I know) and made these. Don't know if I am completely happy but gotta keep truckin along as I still have six more months to do and only two weeks left. The beautiful leafy vine is from what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com cut out, hand doodled the veins in the leaves and then glimmer misted.




just some close-ups of the flowers. Some of them have six layers.
The journaling card which is also a "Happy Mothers Day" card. I cut out the flower on the front from some of the left over paper and put stickles on the dark lines throughout.

10 comments:

  1. Love those flowers and vines, very pretty. I also love your card, great colors. Don't you love glimmer mists???? they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, Tamarra. How thrilled they are going to be to receive these albums. And their Mother's Day pages will be the Le Creme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hun! I think these are great!!!
    Well, not sure what they looked like before but the end result turned out just awesome...
    so over the last week or so I have been helping one of my sisters do her very first scrapbook (she is artist anyways so she did a great job!) I am just telling you this b/c I think these albums will be wonderful gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a really lovely double page, and the flowers are quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful layouts Tammara - your work is stunning..... Congratulations on your win over at SOUS - great to see one of their loyal followers winning - can't wait to see what you create with the papers.... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! That is stunning.. Been dying to make some of those flowers and yours certainly turned out amazing.. Thnx for joining us again this week and a super big Congrats on your candy win :O)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, both pages are beautiful!!! And the flowers are totally gorgeous!!! What a wonderful gift!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammara, I am off to bed but wanted to come by and tell you that your package went out late yesterday afternoon. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammara, the LO is lovely!! Love the flowers and vines!!!

    ReplyDelete