Thursday, March 17, 2011

Several posts

I received a wooden frame like they sell at Michaels in an order I received and finally got around to altering it. I used K&Co paper, an old piece of lace that I have had for probably twenty plus years, flat back pearls, embroidery thread, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, recollection fabric flower and the leafy vine is from what a beautiful mess blog.


This was a super quick and fun card to make. The image is from the cutting cafe. I printed it and then colored with pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I added waterfall stickles to the icing, used Martha Stewart swirling lace punch around the page border punches, paper from stash and ribbon from Michaels.

This layout is for the March 4th sketch challenge at stuckonusketches. Unfortunately the lighting in my kitchen is horrible. I somehow missed the cutoff for the link--I must try to finish sooner!
The picture in the layout isn't the best quality but I enlarged a 1x1" thumbnail print. This is my grandmother and mother and I just adore the sweetness of this photo. My grandmother made the darling little hat my mother was wearing. I don't have many photo's of my grandmother or my mother as a young child but grateful for the ones I do have.

Paper is K&Co and Crafty Secrets.
Fabric flowers and Recollections; paper ones are prima and retro flower punch.
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Karen Foster metal "heritage" charm.
flat back pearls and recollections swirl sticker.
green, tea dye, vintage photo and antique linen inks
textile embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment