Monday, February 22, 2010

The cowboy girl

This layout is for the 2/19 sketch at http://www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/. The beautiful sketch is an original by Liz Qualman.
This is also being linked up to http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ for brag monday. Karen has such beautiful images that she so generously shares with all of us--thank you Karen!
The photo's are of my youngest daughter when she was in daycare. Once a year this company would come to her school and take pictures of the children on the ponies. I think I have four years of these but this particular year I had the three different poses. When I saw the fabulous cowgirl image from graphics fairy and the fabulous sketch by Liz, I knew they would be perfect for my photo's. I also used an image of Karen's called cowboy ledger that I cut the picket fence out of and lined it up so the cowboy and dollar amount showed up (close-ups lower down) and also used the ledger image for my flourishes. Used cricut accent essentials at 2" & 3" for the flourishes, paperdoll dress up for the little horse @ 2" and the picket fence @ 1", mini monograms for the scallop circle behind the cowgirl image. Prima flowers, buttons, brads for small flower centers, paper from stash and lots of inking. I can't believe I have no doodling!!

close-up of the fence showing the expense ledger from 1904 with the cowboy and his wages entry.

Here is a close-up of the cowgirl image from graphics fairy. I cut it into a circle and attached it to the scallop.


15 comments:

  1. So cute, Tammara! Love the whole cowgirl theme but that vintage graphic is to die for .. love the fence and flowers and of course, the pix! Thanks for always playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole sequence, your daughter is a real cowgirl! Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...this is wonderful!
    these pictures are just beautiful of her...I love everything you did with this! its perfect!!!!!
    and that cowboy girl is too cute too! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and a wonderful layout! So cute. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great!!! I love the colors... and so many amazing embellishments! Great job Tammara!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!! I love it.

    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammara,
    this is real neat and a great layout -
    have a great day
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout Tammara!! Wowzers!!
    Your inking is so fab on that fence and those colors just take my breath away.. You have done a great job with this weeks sketch..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tammara...this is just gorgeous...I love the title...the pics are amazing...the fence along the edge of the pic is fab...the circle cut is beautimus...and the flowers and flourishes...well you know how I feel about those...This sketch was so much fun to work with and you did a great job with it...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! How cute is THAT??? Wonderful Job, thank you for sharing.

    I'm really enjoying seeing all the creations with Karen's Graphic influence! So many different usages. Too fun!

    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh these pics are so cute! Great use of the sketch and the papers are beautiful.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout!! I am a cowgirl at heart, so of course this just melted my heart. I love the pics and the two on the outsides looks. I love the fence!! I will definitely have to check out Karen's blog. I love the ledger. You put so much detail into it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete